PubWriter Web Canvas
PubWriter is a 'web canvas' that allows you to publish and manage your web content through Dropbox on your own domain. You create (or edit) your page, hit save and seconds later, it's published on your website. There's nothing to upload, patch, or maintain. It's the first true 'Save-to-Publish' solution.
Key components the framework provides include:
- Google webmaster tools to improve your SEO.
- Google analytics (weekly or monthly reports).
- Links to your social media pages.
- Links to your product & preview pages.
- Contact us form.
- Seamless branding w/your book (familiar fonts/colors).
Advantages PubWriter offers over other web publishing platforms:
- Your entire site is backed up at all times and on your own Dropbox account (allowing access from any device).
- It's mobile friendly (as much as 50% of all web traffic is now mobile).
- It's a static page so it loads extremely fast (helpful for your Google ranking).
- It uses Markdown which allows you to use pretty much any editor on any platform (as long as it supports plain text).
- It runs on the Bootstrap framework (which offers an ever expanding array of plugins and tools to enhance your site).
- You can share your Dropbox with an editor (or collaborator) who can edit your work and his/her changes will be applied to your site when they hit save (no more back & forth emailing files).
To Summarize the Pubwriter Service:
- You pick your own domain name, e.g. mynextbestseller.com (we can assist with getting this done).
- We set-up the web site structure on Dropbox and all the folders you need to create and edit your pages are shared with you.
- We work with you to develop the basic web structure including background, font styles and navigation menu.
- We will support you with training to get your content published to the new site. You have 100% control over the content.
- We will host and maintain the site for a modest annual fee (see below) including tech support from an assigned account manager.
PubWriter was inspired by Andy Weir, author of The Martian who published his book on his own website, exposing him to thousands of readers which ultimately landed him a very lucrative book/movie deal.
The main goal of PubWriter is to make publishing effortless, and once you learn how to write in PubWriter, it's published the moment you hit save.
Summary of the PubWriter Platform (or what's included with your subscription):
- You get a domain name of your choosing, e.g. mynextbestseller.com
- PubWriter sets up a Dropbox with this domain name including shared folders
- PubWriter adds meta tags, keywords and other SEO friendly background to the web site
- PubWriter works with you to establish a basic scheme for your website - background, font style, navigation, etc.
- PubWriter offers ongoing tech support (through our support site) and optional additional design services.
For you techies, you will be happy to know that Pubwriter runs on the bootstrap framework, utilizes markdown, and is fully responsive.
Indeed, in case you are already wondering - of course, this page was written in PubWriter.
Signup for PubWriter
*You will be redirected to a secure checkout page on Jotform